Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Six Pigs in Heaven

[yey. A review. Finally.]

This actually made me want to read again. I mean, for the last four or so books, I sometimes lose the heart to finish even before I was halfway. And, truthfully, I thought that Six Pigs in Heaven would just be like those other books.

I never knew any of Barbara Kingsolver's books. Heck, I only heard about her when a friend inquired about the book I was reading and I held it up for her. She said, "oh. kingsolver, she's real good." Now, I am thinking about digging her past works.

The story was captivating. I mean, feed me with something that would make me indignant and yeah, I would certainly read all through the end. I was impatient with the results and eagerly awaited the finish.

It was a story of a mother's love [to her adopted but otherwise cherished daughter] complicated with the rules and laws of an Indian tribe. A lawyer looked into the adoption and found out that the mother was ill-advised about it and the adoption was illegal. It was a search for the mother and daughter while they went to an escape/journey so that they will not be separated from each other.

All in all: Fascinating.

No comments: