Friday, October 2, 2009
Ayan, gagayahin ko ulit ung "Week in quotes" ni tiyo.
1. "Hindi na po kakayanin ng motor ko hanggang ministop. Ibaba ko na lang kayo sa mataas na lugar."
- - - - - - - - - - - - at ibinaba nya kami somewhere na hindi ko alam kung saan.
2. "Maglakad ka na."
- - - - - - - -- - - - galing kay dad, sa phone, nung malaman nyang nakatenga na ako sa isang terminal ng tricycle sa may maharlika sa may circle.
3. "Wala na. Sarado na ang Cubao."
- - - - - - - - - - - galing dun sa taxi driver.
4. "Dito na lang muna tayo iha. at least dito hindi umuulan. pero matagal pa bago to umandar."
- - - - - - - - - - - -sabi nung ale na nasa jeep din papuntang north sana.
5. "Hindi rin makakadaan yung mga tao dyan!" [sa commonwealth]
- - - - - - - - - - - -okay manong, nakatawid ako.
6. "Sh*t. yung tsinelas ko mapipigtas na!!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - buti na lang at hindi. haha. sken galing yan...habang nasa halos hanggang bewang na baha at matangay-tangay ng tubig.
7. "Miss, dito ka lang din ba hanggang bumaba yung tubig?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - sbi nung isang nasa mcdo na nag-antay din na bumaba yung tubig.
8. "tsaka ka na mandaya pag may fries na!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - galing kay ate bie. hehe. yey. buti na lang nakita ko sila.
9. "Tatlong beses akong nag-attempt umuwi."
- - - - - - - - - - - - roommate ko na taga-bataan din. at sinabi nya yan pagdating ko sa boarding house.
1. I have a history of acidity that can go on forever.
2. How to help Ondoy victims is something I wish I knew.
3. I'm eating (or recently ate) mcdo products for two straight meals and snacks [that's when I was stuck at an outlet, waiting for the flood from the rains of Ondoy to subside].
4. I long to be on the road, while on a vacation.
5. So that's it, that's gotta be it [said by me after contemplating on how to cross that flood].
6. A little of this and a bit of that is better than nothing!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting all my papers done, tomorrow my plans include being ready for Pepeng and Sunday, I want to read and read and read and then get ready for my upcoming exams!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
So, here's a report on my "progress" so far:
In music - I try to sing more and more for I had proven that lack of practice makes one sound, uh, ugly. Haha. Sorry for that term. Also, I am continuing my guitar lessons, which aren't going very far, for I can only play when I am home and that's not very frequent. Anyway, at least I am making an effort, ayt?
this is me last wednesday! haha
In photography - I only use my phone [which has a camera] in taking pictures, but I am determined to make them [the pics] look good. As you can see from the pics of my doodles, haha, I am failing miserably. Ü A sample of one of my few [possibly, this is the only one and it is not much] decent pics.
In writing - erm, I can't say I did anything on this. Every writing activity I engaged in is purely academic, and are all boring. Haha.
I guess, it is just practical to say that my artistic side is just nonexistent for there are still zero signs of it. Haha. But! These things make me happy...happier than I actually been this whole sem, so I think, I am going to continue this!! :D
1. My car is still a dream/nonexistent...i know.
2. The field trip for my geography class is coming up next.
3. Lately, things seem okay, however boring that might be Ü.
4. Sleep [or my blog] is one of my favorite 'hiding' places.
5. What happened to being grateful Jaimee? /*says to self*/
6. Finding my faith is not impossible!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to [last night, actually] sleeping on my own bed, in our house in the province, tomorrow my plans include [today] training?and Sunday, I want to roam aimlessly around the town!
I know I know, doing this on a Saturday dort of defeats the purpose. heehee. :D
Saturday, September 12, 2009
I dont know if I will make it on time for the curfew, or if I will be "more alert and awake" by the time I get home, or if I will be able to review at all...but, yeah, I am online.
Anyway, another thing I dont know is if I will have the capacity to pass the exam tomorrow. Darn, I am beginning to really fear it...and the fact that I will go to the cheerdance competition tomorrow cant change that. Hm. Somehow, I am feeling the need to escape and not sit that exam though I know that the alternative [sure finals, as I am still hoping to be exempted] is more, uh, scary.
I can't discuss this directly with my parents but there are times that I think I cant afford to stay in my course...or even in my school..which is downright sad, I know.
- - -
Anyway, I must go back to the house, I cant let them lock me out. :D
Friday, August 28, 2009
1. He was a _friend, that's why I just can't..
2. Being profoundly normal is what I look forward to most this time of year.
3. My best friend is teasing me about #1. Darn.
4. I want to shift from my current course to another, currently unnamed course, to be honest with you.
5. Appearances can be indeed deceiving.
6. The last person I gave a hug to was _my mum?.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to studying, blogging, watching a movie, tomorrow my plans include studying,ho, and sitting the exam and Sunday, I want to go home!
-- i cant seem to view the button, so i just replaced it with this one....
Friday, August 7, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Namili ako ng DVD ng HOUSE.
- - -
Nung Sabado, umiiyak ako dahil mukhang hindi ako makakauwi.
Kahapon, nung siguradong makakauwi ako, tinamad akong magbyahe. I had to talk myself into it.
Ngayon, ayaw ko na nanaman lumuwas.
- - -
Kanina, gustong gusto kong magblog.
Ngayon, wala na ako maisulat.
- - -
Madalas may magtanong sa akin kung naiisip ko daw ba magshift. Sagot ko, "every single day."
Kagabi, tinanong aku ng nanay ko kung kaya ko pa daw ba. Sabi ko, "Wala din namang madali. Kakayanin pa."
- - -
I want to have my faith back.
I stopped seeking it.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Kung ipapadefine siguro tung exercise na sinusubukan kong gawin, yan na lahat yun. Parang wala na akong ibang ginagawa kundi ito pero hindi ko pa rin natatapos. Hindi na nga ako umuusad.
Gusto ko pa man din umuwi. Yung mga iba kong kailangan, nasa bahay. Yung mga damit na medyo required sa subjects (running shorts para sa pe, etc), andun pa.
gusto ko rin sana matulog ng tama at gumising ng tama at umatend sa math, pero hindi ko nagagawa. haha. Kasi naman, hanggang ngayon nasa computer shop ako, nagsusubok na pumasok sa server na balak lang magbukas pag oras na ng classes ng mga tao, e hindi lang naman ito ang subject ko.
Dito sa comp shop una kong naramdaman yung sobrang pagod, sobrang lungkot at sobrang panic mode ng sabay sabay. Hay. At on too of all that, nagawa ko pang magblog.
11:30 na. Nagsasara yun gate namin ng 12. Hindi pa rin ako nakakaconnect.
Friday, July 24, 2009
2. Sitting here, listening to the sound of rain falling, I so wanna grab a cup of cold coffee and a good book.
3. Cheeseburger Ü tastes so good!
4. Sometimes, putting others first is so hard to do. [Im baaaaaaad, i know].
5. Sunsets are breathtaking, really.
6. Well, maybe there is a chance that I'll finish my machine exercise tomorrow.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to being able to review for the exam and read my new book, tomorrow my plans include doing that machine exercise [!] and Sunday, I want to go home!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
1. McDonald's Cheeseburger Meal and coke float make a quick and easy dinner.
2. Map of the world is the book I'm reading right now.
3. July brings back memories of my last birthday [I'm turning 18 on the 22nd. hm.]
4. That I was not to sleep for a couple of days was obvious.
5. They say if you tell your dreams [I don't know, really.].
6. I have have have to think it over.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to doing nothing at all [bum, I know.], tomorrow my plans include studying for my exams and Sunday, I want to be ready for those exams!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Still no homeworks [yay!]
Still no papers or readings or film viewing. [yay!]
Still no exams or quizzes [more yay!]
Traversed two ropes. [whew! /pant pant/]
Slide for life. [OMG]
Lab experiment and lab report. [Is this right?]
Been to Daniw. Spoke with my mentors. [a treat!]
Gone malling! [yay!]
Spent cash on something not needed. [Boo!]
Read three books. [YAY!]
Still waiting for:
Angelica. [miss you roommate!]
Go anywhere with her ^^ [haha. gala.]
The Machine Exercise. [anxious-nervous]
Friday! [haha. I want to go home! /pout/]
Monday, June 15, 2009
Thirty minutes ago, I could not quite place what I am feeling.
I am not nervous.
I am not excited.
I do not hate the world.
I am not missing my home.
(These are my usual feelings towards the first day of classes.)
Now, I think I know.
I am apprehensive.
...quite short to dreading it, actually.
Friday, May 29, 2009
So on with this.
- I sort of received some news saying that I wont be staying in any of the dormitories inside the university.
Flashback: I stayed in the Kalayaan Residence Hall all of my freshman year. I mean, I am from Bataan, a province 3-4 hours away from UP. So I re-applied for my 2nd year. Unfortunately, when my mom called and asked if I was accepted, they said I wasn't. Back to present: So, me and my family would be in QC on Sunday morning, looking for a new house. Hm. That would be interesting, I hope. But really, I am hoping that they just made a mistake in checking the names. Hmm.
- My aunt and cousin are coming back to the Philippines this sunday..
So, after that house or room or aparmet hunting, we will head to the airport to welcome them. Ü They're from the Middle East and I am really looking forward to meeting them again.
- Have I posted some pics of me having curly hair? well, haha, here are some. Ü
Sorry for blurry quality. So there, yeah, I now have curly hair after several years of trying to make it straight. Ü Vanity anyone?
- I'll enroll on June 3..and I could not keep myself from wondering, "how did I survive my first year?"
It was a hell of a first year..haha. I mean, living away from my family for the first time, attending classes in UP, taking up ECE, despising math, despising chem, despising english! haha. My best-liked subjects were a nightmare! hm. Haha. So, I am lookin forward to my 2nd year, really. But yeah, I am scared...very much so.
- I want a pair of sneakers! haha.
- I want to renew my faith. in God. in my family.
- I want a new blog design. Haha. Ü
- I've started light crafting. really really light crafting. hm.
- I want to eat out with my hs classmates. again. I really do miss them.
- I am probably going to Pagudpud on July 4. I just wish I'll be finished enrolling then. heh.
1. It's cold and I believe there's another storm waiting to blow. [hm. rainy season's starting].
2. I am forcing myself to like tomatoes.
4. I would do anything for a nice long ride.
6. My high school classmates and I; those were the cast of characters in a recent dream and it was ...I dont exactly remember. haha.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to some marathon [anime, I think], tomorrow my plans include getting a bloodchem, cleaning the house and sorting my books and Sunday, I want to find a house [story later] and buy me some sneakers and be at the airport to greet my aunt and cousin "welcome home!"
Taken last March 28, 2008. It's recognition day, 3 days shy of our graduation. Here are some of us [we were only 24 [?] in class] Darn, I sooo miss these guys. ]
-my high school classmates + our fourth year adviser.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
If I were a month I would be: December, for then, the Christmas is within me. Ü
If I were a day of the week I would be: friday.
If I were a time of day I would be: 3AM
If I were a planet I would be: saturn.
If I were an animal I would be: a whale.
If I were a direction I would be: southeast. Ü
If I were a piece of furniture I would be: a couch OR a dvd player. Ü
If I were a historical figure I would be: --really, I have no idea. :[
If I were a liquid I would be: cold beer. heh.
If I were a tree I would be: fire tree.
If I were a flower/plant I would be: a daisy, gerbera...[that right?]
If I were a kind of weather I would be: overcast but not rainy. Ü
If I were a musical instrument I would be: a guitar or a piano or a violin. Ü
If I were an emotion I would be: rage. Ü
If I were a color I would be: green--me too. Ü
If I were a vegetable I would be: green and leafy.
If I were a sound I would be: the sound of waves.
If I were an element I would be: Na. haha.
If I were a car I would be: a suzuki swift. Ü
If I were a song I would be: Runaway by The Corrs
If I were a movie I would be directed by: Steven Spielberg. haha. cant think of anyone else.
If I were a book I would be written by: Paul Fleischman. ye.
If I were a taste I would be: spicy. haha.
If I were a food I would be: rice. Ü
If I were a place I would be: sea
If I were a material I would be: paper, old and worn. sigh.
If I were a word I would be: silly
If I were an object I would be: a book.
If I were a body part I would be: an ankle
If I were a facial expression I would be: quirk of an eyebrow.
If I were a cartoon/game character I would be: Ryoma? Haha.
If I were a shape I would be a: Ü or ♫
If I were a number I would be: 5..
Saturday, May 23, 2009
1. Moving is always as hard as hell.
2. Above all else, I want to be free.
3. My best quality is my tolerance, which, by the way, is disintegrating.
4. I lost me in details.
5. In nearly 10 years, I wish, I have forgotten.
6. Time to be alone is what I need right now!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _sleeping on my own bed [this was last night...not pushed through], tomorrow my plans include _not ever having to worry [proving to be difficult] and Sunday, I want to go to the kids camp [maybe the only fun I'll ever have]!
"Here's to you. May your life be far less complicated than mine."
-Elizabeth James [Natasha Richardson] in The Parent Trap
image from here.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
I know I can't pay the price if I acted upon one of those thoughts.
So here's me saying that I wont do anything regarding the thing that I saw. And here's me wishing circumstances have been different.
It's funny how life turns out the way we never fathom it would. I know it would not happen, not in accordance to my liking [heh]. I know it would not be worth it to even try.
I guess, I'll just keep on pushing the feelings and the thoughts [the thing I saw] evoked and pray that in time they will be forgotten.
I saw a pic of me and of a good friend. it's on his page. the primary pic. normal people would say it's nothing. But I guess I am anything but normal...and that I think I have feelings for my friend.
Friday, April 24, 2009
1. Apparently there's some sort of low pressure area in the midst of summer.
2. I am craving for a sunny day.
3. 2009 had been *something* so far. <- Haha. Whatever. Ü
4. I never realized that was it. <- huh. dumb answer. I know I know. Ü
5. For too long I've been complaining about my life.
6. I am not obsessed with my hair [!]; I am not! <-having it permed, right now. Ü
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting through Saturday and Sunday Ü, tomorrow my plans include accompanying my grandmother to a hospital while she gets some operation and Sunday, I want to just loll around, read some and watch dvd!
hey, it aint summer for nothing, ayt? Ü
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Got it here.
got it here.
So [for the two books :) ]:
I enjoy the narrative during the first parts of the two books. Unfortunately, as the stories unfold, they get more and more hard to understand. Maybe, that's just due to my ever-wandering mind..but yeah.
both fell short to becoming "good reads".
For The Sea King's Daughter, I did not like the way it ended...not the way it [the ending] was written, mind you. I sort of feel that the ending was not as mythical or mystical [that a word?].
For the The House of Dies Drear, I don' know. I just dont feel that strongly for it. Yeah. Haha. For my own mundane reasons.
Monday, April 13, 2009
I pretty much just stopped reading. hoho.
- I don't have new books: I. Am. Broke. I am broke. Summer's gotta be fun!..sarcasm, that you? leave. not even for a please?
- I can't stand reading anymore: what?! huh. hoohoo. Well, yeah, I'd rather sleep...or bum around. ye.
There is something with worded emotions, ayt? ya. haha. love it.
Anyway, I was counting on the summer break to finally get my hands on my "books"..unfortunately, they [the books, not the hands] remain fragments of my dreams...huhu. Well, my brother does have some e-books...but, who can stand them? My brother, apparently...but not me. ya.
Then, there's this effing hot summer! haha. It has me convinced that i should be in the beach or something where I can swim..or just eating ice cream. yum! haha...and not reading and posting reviews about them. hihi.
hmm. As for something new:
- I want to get all crafty this summer.
- i want to be organized this summer!
- I want to watch some series this summer!
- I want to EARN this summer!
Anyway, for a really nice nice plan this summer:
- Can you give me my love of reading..pls? pls? ya.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Apparently the BBC reckons most people will have only read 6 of the 100 books here.
1) Look at the list and put an 'x' after those you have read.
2) Star (*) those you plan on reading.
3) Hash (#) those you haven't finished reading.
4) Tally your total at the bottom.
I have marked mine in the brackets provided.
5) Leave a comment if you wish re your totals or if you wish, you can begin a topic for discussion on any of the books.
Have fun and have a nice day!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1 (X) Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
2 (#) The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
3 (X) Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
4 (X) Harry Potter series - JK Rowling
5 (*) To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
6 (X) The Bible
7 (X) Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
8 ( ) Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell
9 ( ) His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
10 () Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
Pitstop Count: (X) -5, (*) - 1, (#) -1
11 (X) Little Women - Louisa M Alcott
12 ( *) Tess of the D’Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy
13 (* ) Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
14 () Complete Works of Shakespeare
15 () Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier
16 (#) The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien
17 (*) Birdsong - Sebastian Faulk
18 (#) Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger
19 (*) The Time Traveller’s Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
20 ( ) Middlemarch - George Eliot
Pitstop Count: (X) - 1, (*) - 4, (#) - 2
21 (*) Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
22 (#) The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald
23 () Bleak House - Charles Dickens
24 () War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
25 () The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
26 ( ) Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh
27 ( x) Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
28 (* ) Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
29 (X) Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carrol
30 ( x) The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
Pitstop Count: (X) - 3, (*) - 2 (#) - 1
31 (*) Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
32 (X) David Copperfield - Charles Dickens
33 (#) Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis
34 (X) Emma - Jane Austen
35 (*) Persuasion - Jane Austen
36 (X) The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - CS Lewis
37 (*) The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
38 (*) Captain Corelli’s Mandolin - Louis De Bernieres
39 (*) Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
40 (X ) Winnie the Pooh - AA Milne
Pitstop Count: (X) - 4, (*) - 4, (#) - 1
41 () Animal Farm - George Orwell
42 (X) The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
43 () One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
44 (*) A Prayer for Owen Meaney - John Irving
45 (*) The Woman in White - Wilkie Collin
46 (#) Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery
47 (*) Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy -
48 () The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood
49 (#) Lord of the Flies - William Golding
50 (X) Atonement - Ian McEweN
Pitstop Count: (X) - 2, (*) -0, (#) - 2
51 (*) Life of Pi - Yann Martel
52 ( *) Dune - Frank Herbert
53 ( ) Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons
54 (*) Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
55 () A Suitable Boy - Vikram Seth
56 ( ) The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
57 (#) A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens - been trying to finish this one in years.
58 ( ) Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
59 (*) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
60 (*) Love In The Time Of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez - I want this one badly!
Pitstop Count: (X) - 0, (*) - 5, (#) -1
61 (#) Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
62 () Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
63 ( ) The Secret History - Donna Tart
64 () The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
65 (#) Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
66 ( ) On The Road - Jack Kerouac
67 ( ) Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy
68 (*) Bridget Jones’s Diary - Helen Fielding
69 (*) Midnight’s Children - Salman Rushdie
70 (*) Moby's Dick - Herman Melville
Pitstop Count: (X) - 0, (*) - 3, (#) - 2
71 (X) Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
72 (*) Dracula - Bram Stoker
73 (*) The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett
74 ( ) Notes From A Small Island - Bill Bryson
75 (#) Ulysses - James Joyce
76 (*) The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
77 ( ) Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome
78 ( ) Germinal - Emile Zola
79 () Vanity Fair - William Makepeace Thackeray
80 () Possession - AS Byatt
Pitstop Count: (X) - 1, (*) - 3, (#) -1
81 (X) A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
82 ( ) Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
83 (*) The Color Purple - Alice Walker
84 () The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
85 () Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
86 () A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
87 (*) Charlotte’s Web - EB White
88 (*) The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom
89 (#) Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
90 (*) The Faraway Tree Collection - Enid Blyton
Pitstop Count: (X) - 1, (*) - 4, (#) - 1
91 ( ) Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
92 (X) The Little Prince - Antoine De Saint EXupery
93 ( ) The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks
94 ( ) Watership Down - Richard Adams
95 ( ) A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole
96 ( ) A Town Like Alice - Neil Shute
97 (X) The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
98 () Hamlet - William Shakespeare
99 (X) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl
100 (#) Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
Pitstop Count: (X) - 3 (*) – 0, (#) - 1
Total: (X) - 20[dismal haha], (*) - 26, (#) – 11
* I am not sure of my tally, though. I'll just check the addition later. Ü
Thursday, February 26, 2009
I am excited about the day that I will sit on my clustered living room, having supper with myself, tired, grimy, and planning how the next day would go.
Yet, I have some experiences with moving...two times my whole family moved from one place to another, and then now, I am living in a place all too far from them. All three I had [still having] problems coping up. I always feel homesick or something like that. I sometimes remember the smell of our old house and would feel very very nostalgic and would wish that we are still living there.
So, it is really really odd for me to feel this way. I do. So I am odd. and outta myself. Ü
Monday, February 23, 2009
. . . . hoping still. Haha
- - - ->>
I was a bit disappointed earlier...I saw some of your friends, only you were not with them..haha. Why do I sound some pathetic girl who's over-swooning over [haha, love that] someone. Well, I guess, maybe I am.
This started with my bestfriend's problem..haha..I was talking to her and trying to find out what it was or how could I help...and then she told me what her problem was...two weeks later, I also have the same problem...haha..somehow less complicated than hers, though. Ü
But I really dont think that I am over-swooning right now....maybe during highschool, I was....but now, I just miss being able to catch several glimpses of you, hearing snippets of your conversations with yor friends...I just missed the two of us being in the same school. That's all.. Haha. I am just missing you..haha. sorely so.
- - - ->>
Tomorrow, the hoping starts again...it will go on for the rest of the week until I go home next weekend and alas, all of it will most likely be crushed.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
1. Give me a bunch of chocolates and I'll be nice all day Ü.
2. Whenever I feel cranky, I eat. Ü.
3. I wish it's already vacation time.
4. Barbeque chicken meal in Ke*ny Ro*ers was the last thing I ate that was utterly delicious.
5. To live in this world, I read just to keep my sanity.
6. Other than this one, my roommate's blog is the last blog I commented on.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going home, tomorrow my plans include rest and helping do the laundry and Sunday, I want to be with my co-apps having fun!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tinuruan nita ako kung paano magpunta dun sa pupuntahan namin kapag hindi na niya ako masusundo..sosyal ko namn, diba? Hehe.
Tinanong niya rin ako about my college life and all..kung naka-adjust na daw ba ako, kung maayos daw ba studies ko...kung feeling ko daw ba tama yung course ko..atsaka kung masaya daw ba ako...
Tapos, andun na kami sa pupuntahan namin. Inikot namin yung place, nagpakilala sa mga ibang tao dun and nakipagkwentuhan sa director nung lugar.
Mabait silang lahat...mukhang gugustuhin kong magpunta lagi. Ü
Siya si Ms. Agnes...dentist. Pumunta kami sa student formation center, "DANWI"..ng Opus Dei...
I am seeking my faith...Ü
Monday, February 16, 2009
First would be to pack!!! haha.
Then, I need to eat or my mom and dad would cream me the next time I go home..
Wake my brother up..
Take a bath, which usually takes about 20 to 30 minutes....I know, it's terribly fast but, hey, everything's gotta be fast-paced now, right? hehe
And of course, bloggg! Haha..
Thursday, February 12, 2009
I went back to the university last Monday, several hours after I put my last post up. I was feeling panicky, for I had not accomplished anything: my MP still wasn't working, I hadn't reviewed for the upcoming exam [heck, I still have not today...the exam TOMORROW!], and I had not sleep well...the very thing I was most hopeful about.
I resolved to just rest that Monday night...saying "I'll figure out a way tomorrow, that's for sure"..haha. If only I knew...haha...that Tuesday will come and go without the promise of an MP.
Then, yesterday, two people went out of their way to help me be logical. I could not have been more thankful. Haha. It was just at about lunch time yesterday that I figured what algo to use..hehe. Ü
Back to present:
Here I am, typing away...doing the inevitable...having fun [blogging is fun, yes?] after some, uhm, hardship[?]..haha.
So, later, I will print the lectures for the exam tomorrow and hope again that I'll be able to go through all of them tonight.
Happy Friday the 13th! hehe..
oh, and by the way, Happy Birthday to my MOM [tomorrow]!!!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
For if I had, I would sit the exam later with a happy happy heart..haha. I dont know why but I am so inlove with malls, even though I rarely buy..haha. Ü I just love strolling, my thoughts to myself, thinking what the others are thinking, sitting on the huge sofas and just minding my breathing, which would then be labored, for, I believe, I am thinking about it.
Here I am trying to will the hours away before I have to go back to the dorm and review...again [!] for I feel that what I accomplished in two readings is not enough to make me pass the exam later. Haha.
But before that, I have to meet a friend...for the first time. She will be the one who's, I think, gonna be in charge with me during my first days in the Opus Dei...I will be joining, have i told that here? Maybe not..
And even before that, I am determined to wait for my Wordpress blog to open. Arrgh! I've been trying for at least an hour or something. Think I should just give up? Haha.
I am so craving for the smell of home. Or even of the bus....Haha.
Friday, February 6, 2009
1. Please don't tell me the test's been moved to an earlier sched!.for that would mean I missed it. aw..
2. Can you function well in the morning, especially in this weather?
3. The color green makes me want to be on that bus headed home! [I dont know why..but it does!]
4. I have a craving for cold coffee and a real conversation with my bestfriend..aww...
5. If my life had a pause button, I'd pause it now.
6. Eyes are the most honest 'features' [or parts] of a person.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight (yesterday night) I'm looking forward to reviewing for the exam, really Ü, tomorrow (today) my plans include _having lunch with Uncle, and reviewing still, then sit the exam..huhu and Sunday, I want to rise early and be home early!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I could not even look back at last Friday and not be ashamed of myself...for once, I am seriously wishing that I am someone else.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
I received a spiritual talk from a Korean...just now..just when I am badly in need of the sort. All the time he was talking, I was wondering if that might just be the affirmation that I am searching. Well, what else can it be?
I was seated on a stone bench, the one that was hardly occupied at the front of the Main Lib, trying to get a few minutes worth of review for some quiz that's not academic...huh. Then, he came, maybe that's the reason why, and asked if I have some spare time. I eyed him warily, trying hard not to show that I was wishing that time that I don't have any.
Well, torn between being the well-bred person my mo boasts of and the person wary of strangers...I did nothing. I said, okay, in a very small voice...
Then, it began..
Truth be told, there was nothing new in what he said to me. I know all of those things. I know that Jesus died on the cross and saved the whole of human race from its sins. The facts came and I know that I accept them...I believe in them...
Yet, why cant I hold on? Why does my faith in those things quiver? Why...why...
Everything is centered on my doubts...I am not giving a chance to my belief...
I was grateful for the talk, yes...but the frustration builds up...
I'm still lost...apparently.
Yet...sigh..I am still in two minds...
[Visit my other blog for some sort of a whole story.]
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
This actually made me want to read again. I mean, for the last four or so books, I sometimes lose the heart to finish even before I was halfway. And, truthfully, I thought that Six Pigs in Heaven would just be like those other books.
I never knew any of Barbara Kingsolver's books. Heck, I only heard about her when a friend inquired about the book I was reading and I held it up for her. She said, "oh. kingsolver, she's real good." Now, I am thinking about digging her past works.
The story was captivating. I mean, feed me with something that would make me indignant and yeah, I would certainly read all through the end. I was impatient with the results and eagerly awaited the finish.
It was a story of a mother's love [to her adopted but otherwise cherished daughter] complicated with the rules and laws of an Indian tribe. A lawyer looked into the adoption and found out that the mother was ill-advised about it and the adoption was illegal. It was a search for the mother and daughter while they went to an escape/journey so that they will not be separated from each other.
All in all: Fascinating.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Hopefully, it's just one of my episodes, which, hopefully, might end soon.
/sigh/ I feel so tired and so out of myself that I dont even know where to begin describing how I feel.
I spent the majority of the afternoon texting my two bestfriends. One guy, one girl. They went into a misunderstanding and are both, I think and feel, miserable. I originally dont have any plans on posting the whole story but, I changed my mind. I should at least tell the framework.
The girl told the guy she likes him. A lot. This is a fact that she told me a couple of months ago, when it was just starting. I am practically a novice in these things so the only things I could offer her were my two ears. Although, I told her that it's not a good idea to say it to out guy friend..since he spent 3 years in a seminary, only got out this year for a break to think things through. I thought that he would not be capable of dealing with these sort of things.
She still told him. Last January 1st.
He , lets name him B texted her back last friday night, or was it saturday?. And it was not about what she told him last. Well, in fairness to him, he shunned all of us out...not just her...and that COULD mean that he was not really avoiding her or something.
So, friday night or saturday, our phones started buzzing again. Actually, I was with him last January 14th for a birthday celebration of another of our bestfriends. [I have a lot of bestfriends...all of my classmates in highschool + B + many others]. I actually wanted to ask B right then and there....I chickened out.
Anyway, I finally managed to pluck out enough courage to ask him. Of course, I promised to keep this as a secret between the two of us.
I dont know what to do. I. Am. Torn. but I get to keep them both. Whereas to the other option, I say a thing or two to each of them, I lose....well, them.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
1. Enough with the freezingly cold mornings!.
2. A break in and attempted murder causes me to be conflicted.
3. I've been craving some inner peace and contentment.
4. Trying to sing the forgotten tune of a nursery rhyme makes me laugh.
5. I wish I could go to my best friend's school next week.
6. School and all its hardships and pains [haha] has been on my mind lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to being home [i am home!], tomorrow my plans include attending a wedding and looking for that inner peace and Sunday, I want to go to church and just celebrate God's goodness and love!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
"The best thing [of living the most insignificant and the sorriest life there is] is that tomorrow, it will start all over again."
Crappy way to start the week, I know...but I watched Wanted [again] over the weekend and was not bored with it, so..hha
I should be studying my pink fingernails off...haha...but, yeah..haha..
I heard the life story of a marvelous woman...how great and how happy or active her life seemed to be..and she's gone now..
A plan of mine just got busted...
then, I heard from a long lost friend...
...I feel totally unconcerned..haha..
I am feeling pretty dumb right now..ahah..not numb..just dumb..or whatever I am feeling right now..
- - - -I am truly sorry for this post..
Friday, January 9, 2009
"Hey. I know you're a VIRGIN!! I know I angered you there."[notice the caps lock]
And here's something of my reply:
"I am just 17. Duh. I should be. And I am not mad...how can I be, when I am proud to be one? You're pathetic. haha"And then he answered again:
"Hey.Thanks, you're not angry. What do you mean by pathetic?"[his actual words]
I have not replied yet. Does his last message say that he purposely did that to make me mad? Did he intend it to be like an insult?
Well, if he did and it was all an attempted insult, that make his second account of pathetic-ness! Haha. 50 days in a growing-up school. haha.
For the record, I truly am not angry. I was in fact amused at how grown ups [he's older. duh. haha, so redundant, nikki.] can act insanely childish at times. I sort of chuckled when I read his first message. I laughed out loud when he replied back. That was before I realized that he might meant it was an insult...and that was I think, foul to my beliefs.
okay, I read that last part and I thought i should explain a bit. I am proud to be a virgin and 17, but I do not condemn nor think differently of those who do not go with my beliefs. I am just proud I held on and, yeah.
But that does not mean that I will take it lightly when I am being insulted or something. I mean, sex is never a prerequisite to being rightly human, is it?
This whole issue sort of just made me see how narrow-minded he can be. tsk. tsk. i thought only some teenage boys are like this. haha.
1. It's January;it's promising this is gonna be a difficult year; still, it's new .
2. The bus ride to home [aw] is what I crave most right now.
3. Cork and wine go together like blogs and ideas [huh? haha].
4. Sleep[!] is so nourishing.
5. Let us dare to patient and responsible for the rest of the year.
6. I so miss my home.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to alone time and a chance to read more [!] tomorrow my plans include buying my long overdue havs.. and Sunday, I want to just be home!
Monday, January 5, 2009
"...Let her meet someone who's gonna see her all the time the way I see her now...through your eyes."
If only I could see people that way...and not let all my focus be myself....
I realized I am being pretty pathetic since the start of the sem...all through the holidays and the first week (is it?) of 2009.
I am sorry...truly now.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
I live in the tropics! [scowls]
Of course, this is going to be incoherent, since I have been brain dead since January 1st. But I really really want to share how freakingly awful I feel right now.
I am already homesick. I havent even left for school yet!
I am disappointed at something I probably should not tell.
I am all weepy and am such a mess right now.
I have to face packing in a couple of hours...about hmm? 17 hours?
I am cold...
I am freakingly self-centered right now.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
So we've been away for Christmas.